You’re ready to send your beast on some activities to get some loot? Have a look at this page to get all the information you need in order to send your friend on a discovery trip.
Discovery is one of the four (4) regular activities Prehistoria-ARPG offers. It is probably the activity giving players the most freedom in depicting their beasts as it is possible to draw your characters simply walking through a forest, a meadow or along a beach or you draw them exploring a cave, a village or a haunted place. The only restriction is to not let your beasts do something, that would count as another activity (e.g. hunting prey, harvesting berries, catching fish, etc.)
Basic loot that can be found: Discovery Items
Companions that can be found: Discovery Companions
There is more exciting loot such as reveal or tack items to be found as well! You can find them in our item database, just have a look at the “Source” part of the items, if “Discovery” is listed there is a chance you can obtain it with your discovery entries.
To increase your chances at better loot you can also apply different kinds of bonuses to your beast:
– Reaching Harmony Rank 3 with your beasts unlocks the Legendary Resilience Trait, which gives a higher chance at rarer items. More information about Ranks can be found in our Harmony Rank Guide.
– Spirit Trials can boost the rarity of your loot as well. The different Trials can be found on our Trials Guide page under “Spirit Trials”.
– Companions can have various types of bonuses and can be found on our Companion page under “Discovery”, “Events”, “Quests”, “Overflowing Treasure Chest” and “Misc”.
– Traits can have various types of bonuses as well, just like Companions. They can be found on our Traits page.
– Tack are items, that can be applied directly to the beast and give it a permanent bonus. These can be found on our Item page under “Tack”.
– One time use items on the other hand can only be used once and are added to the activity itself, not the beast. You can find them on our Item page under “One time use”.
Required form in your entries’ description:
Nicknames (Literature only):
Attempt to tame a Wild: Yes / No
Relevant Items / Bonuses: (Make sure to list bonuses that affect all beasts in every form. If it is missing the beasts will simply miss out on potentially more / better loot, we will not go back and reroll everyone’s loot!)
Basic rules / requirements:
– Up to two (2) discovery entries are allowed per day.
– Up to three (3) beasts per entry are allowed.
– Beast must be focusing on the activity.
– Only one (1) entry per literature / image. If you submit an image with multiple panels for example you will be asked to divide the image into multiple entries.
– Activities cannot be mixed with Trials or Harmony Prompts / Themes in form of a comic with multiple panels for example. Each entry must be clearly for one (1) type of submission: either an activity, Harmony Prompt / Theme, Trial, etc.
– Discovery entries must be submitted to the “Discovery” gallery folder on Deviant Art.
– The entry may not be used for anything else besides the discovery activity (you cannot have it rolled as Monthly Quest for example)
Rules / requirements specifically for art:
– The beasts must be recognizable and display all their markings, even minimally.
– Must show at least 70% of your beast (Activity Ranges).
– Special Case Megaloceros: Males of this species loose their antlers during winter season! If your entry is depicted during winter season it is totally fine to leave the antlers away without them counting towards the 70% range.
– Visual works must be at least 500 x 500 pixels, or an equal dimension (exp: 400 x 600).
– Must have at least a simple background (Image complexity).
– Can be colored or Black and White. Shading is optional (Black and White Image Guide).
Rules / requirements specifically for literature:
– Must be at least 800 words.
– Beast must be mentioned frequently throughout (every 100-200 words).
– If collaborating, each person must write at least 500 words each.